Thursday, January 13, 2011

So, I've been studying Hebrews 12:1 some, and digging into commentaries and such and just learning God's word. I've learned a lot, I am no where near done, and I wasn't sure I could actually do something like this outside of a school assignment lol.

Hebrews 12:1 says...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

As, I began studying this verse all the things I learned in Hermeneutics and other courses at CIU came to mind and I started asking questions and got somewhat overwhelmed at just the things that you can get from this one verse alone. I started asking, well what does this mean or what does that mean..which led to mine in depth study. I'm not going to try to go into everything thing I've been looking at but I do want to use this blog to answer any questions, and to process my studying. I would love to have people ask questions, give their thoughts and have a conversation going. So, even as I'm writing my thoughts about this blog are changing. Here is what I want this to be...and who knows if it will work out.

I often have people ask me to help them understand scripture or to try to explain what something means, and i by no means have all the answers, there are tons more people way smarter than I will ever be out there, but I would like to start conversations between my friends, and not just Christians. Anyone who has a question or comment is welcome to participate. 

So, for this first post..answer any of the following..
1.What do you gain from this verse?
2.What do you feel like you need clarification or further explanation?
3. What do you think the writer is trying to say?
4. Anything else you want to say or ask!

I want to go ahead and say so many things, but I'm going to hold off and see where this leads. 



1 comment:

  1. So the first thing i noticed in this verse was the word therefore and anyone who has taken hermeneutics with Dr. Crutchfield knows to ask well whats is there for? So I looked at Chapter 11 and it talks about faith.
    If someone asked you to what does faith mean, how would you explain it?

    ReplyDelete