Friday, November 20, 2009

decisions...

So I graduate college in about a year (December '10) and I have been thinking a lot lately about what I should do after. I think God wants me to go to grad school or seminary. I am having a tough time making a decision on where to go and what to study. Here is what I am looking at..

stay at CIU and do the one year Masters of Bible Teaching
or possibly another program at CIU.

Go to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and possibly study student ministry..a 2-3 year degree

Go to North Greenville University for their Masters of Christian Ministry Degree..a 1-2 year degree.

I am kinda ruling out CIU, because it's the most expensive option. SEBTS is the cheapest, but NGU isn't much more. I am kinda leaning towards NGU, but I want to learn more about their program and talk to some students and see what its like.

My other thoughts of what to do after undergrad are..

the Journeyman program with the IMB..its a 2-3 year oversee's commitment.

to to East Asia and teach english..which is a year commitment at a time..and I can stay as long as I want.

go straight to the mission field..not sure with who or how or where.

I know I do not want to get a 9-5, or any "real job"
..thats not me. God has other plans for my life...i think..im pretty sure

pray for direction and guidance..and patience..because I want an answer now..but I know it will come in God's time.

also, I would like to hear your feedback..what do you think? Any other suggestions? Comments..anything.


wow..can I just say that God is super cool.
I just opened my email in a new window, and I receive a daily devotional thing..and it was talking about the future and how it is in God's hands. AMAZING! awesome timing.


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." - Psalm 32:8

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm praying for you, Liz. You should try talking with Laura- you know she goes to NGU. I think that would be a good choice for you and I can put you in contact with a few other friends I know that go there if you like. And of course, if you were to do that, I can recommend a great church to check out too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks nathan for the prayers. yeah im checking into my options and seeing where the Lord leads. Hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete