Friday, November 13, 2009

I am redeemed!

Redeem


-to buy back

-to free from what harms

-to atone for

-to remove the obligation of payment



I owed a huge debt that I could not repay. This debt was to God. He required perfection. I am flawed and sinful. I had no chance of paying this debt. There was one person who was able to pay it. His name, Jesus. He lived a perfect life. He was flawless. Never once did He sin. Therefore, Jesus was able free us from the damnation of hell that we deserve. It is because Jesus shed His blood, died on the cross and rose again, that our sins are taken care of.


Isn't awesome that God LOVES us that much that He is willing to sacrifice His son as the payment for OUR sin?


I love this song. The words are powerful and they are so true in my own life.



When I think of all my faults and my failures

When I consider all the times I’ve let God down

I’m humbled by the grace he has extended

I’m amazed at the mercy I have found

I could never earn His love on my own

Yet every time I come before His throne


Chorus:


I stand redeemed by the blood of the lamb

I stand redeemed before the great I am

When He looks at me He see the nailed scarred hands

That bought my liberty, I stand redeemed


Even at my best I am unworthy

I have nothing precious I can give

A broken life is all I have to offer

And yet it is a priceless gift to Him

The bitter mark of sin will never fade away

But I can come before Him unashamed




I screw up.. a lot. I let God down plenty. I don't like that I do, but I am just human so it happens. His grace, His unmerited favor, is awesome. It amazes me that His love for me is that great. I have nothing but my brokenness to offer God, and the cool thing is, that He accepts that. He uses my brokenness. WOW. What an awesome God. Because of the blood of the lamb, because of the nail scarred hands, I stand redeemed!!


My friend,

are you redeemed? Have you accepted that grace that God so freely offers?

If your saying no, then please, allow Him to redeem you. He will do awesome things in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment